What documents do I need to get married in Ecuador?
Marriage in Ecuador
- Birth Certificate (apostilled and translated)
- Previous Marriage Certificates (apostilled and translated)
- Divorce Decree’s or Death Certificates (apostilled and translated)
- Certificate of Marital Status (apostilled and translate)
Does the man in Ecuador pay for the wedding?
According to Ecuadorian culture, it’s custom for the groom and his family to pay for the wedding. Corey will be paying for the entire wedding, according to Evelin.
Can you marry someone without a visa?
Yes, you can marry anyone you like, unless it happens to violate local laws. … The person’s immigration status (legal or not) has no bearing on whether your marriage will be recognized as legal.
Who pays for a wedding in Ecuador?
According to CultureShock! Ecuador: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette, this is basically true: The groom pays for the ceremony, rings, and honeymoon, but the bride’s family is expected to pay for the dinner, flowers, cake, and wedding mementos.
How do people in Ecuador get married?
The marriage has to be performed by an Ecuadorian Civil Authority. You must present to Ecuadorian Authorities that you are free to marry in accordance with the laws in the country you currently reside. You must reside in Ecuador for at least 75 days before getting married.
Where can Ecuadorians travel without a visa?
Ecuadorian passport visa free countries to travel
- Colombia. Visa Free. 3 months • …
- Peru. Visa Free. 6 months • …
- Panama. Visa Free. 6 months • …
- Aruba. Visa Free. Oranjestad • Caribbean • Part of Netherlands. …
- Curacao. Visa Free. …
- Nicaragua. Visa Free. …
- Honduras. Visa Free. …
- Bolivia. Visa Free.
Can I get married in Ecuador?
Yes, you can get married in Ecuador. It’s a fun and beautiful place to have a wedding. However, non-residents of Ecuador are required to remain in Ecuador for a minimum of 75 consecutive days before getting married.
Does Ecuador recognize common law marriage?
Both legal marriages (those conducted by a pertinent authority), and common-law unions (uniones de hecho) in which a man and a woman have been living as a couple for a given amount of time, are recognized in the constitution of Ecuador and thus have legal value.
How can I get Ecuador citizenship?
Persons applying for citizenship through the process of naturalisation must: be deemed legally capable according to Ecuadorian laws; possess a lawful patrimony, industry, profession or trade that allows him/her to live independently; have resided continuously in the country for at least three years from the date of …
Can I marry a foreigner on a tourist visa?
Can I Marry A US Citizen on A Tourist Visa? The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. … In fact, you are even allowed to come to the US as a visitor with the sole intention of getting married.
What documents are needed to marry a foreigner?
The documents required for a marriage green card vary by situation but generally include the following:
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate.
- Financial documents.
- Proof of sponsor’s U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
- Proof of lawful U.S. entry and status, if applicable.
- Police clearance certificate, if applicable.
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.