Quick Answer: What type of religion does Paraguay have?

How many religions are there in Paraguay?

Paraguay – Religions

The total population is about 90% Roman Catholic. The remaining 10% consisted of mainline Protestant, evangelical Christian, Jewish, Mormon, Muslim, and Baha’i groups.

Is Paraguay Catholic?

The Catholic Church in Paraguay is part of the worldwide Catholic Church, under the spiritual leadership of the Pope in Rome. There are around 5.7 million Catholics in Paraguay – approximately 89% of the total population. The country is divided into twelve dioceses including one archdiocese.

How many Muslims are in Paraguay?

The latest statistics for Islam in Paraguay estimate a total Muslim population of under 1000 representing 0.02% of the population. But, another estimates puts the number of Muslim members in Paraguay at 35.000 peoples. Most of the Muslims are descendants of immigrants from Syria, Lebanon and Palestine.

Are there any Muslims in Bolivia?

Statistics for Islam in Bolivia estimate a Muslim population of around two thousand, representing 0.017% out of the total population of 11,220,000 inhabitants. Muslim organizations in the country include the Bolivian Islamic Center in Santa Cruz, Sucre and Cochabamba, and the Muslim Group in Sucre.

IT IS SURPRISING:  Wat zijn de belangrijkste steden van Suriname?