Why should I visit Bolivia?
Celebrated for its colourful history, fascinating customs, diverse wildlife and jaw-dropping landscapes, Bolivia is a country like no other. The heart of South America empowers travelers to expand their horizons, paving the way for unique encounters at every twist and turn.
What are some fun facts about Bolivia?
Bolivia has (half of) the highest navigable lake in the world. Lake Titicaca, located on the western part of Bolivia and the south eastern part of Peru, sits at 3,810 meters (12,383 ft) above sea level and is the largest freshwater lake in South America.
What are 3 fun facts about Bolivia?
21 Fascinating Facts About Bolivia
- Bolivia is home to 37 official languages.
- Sucre is the official capital of Bolivia.
- Salar de Uyuni is the world’s biggest mirror!
- Simón Bolívar is known as the Liberator.
- Bolivia is a landlocked country.
- Altitude sickness can be a concern in La Paz!
What does Bolivia do for fun?
Discos, parties, movies and playing sports such as gymnastics, basketball, and volleyball are fun activities enjoyed in their spare time. Soccer is the national sport, which many teenagers love to play and watch. In the evenings, teenagers like to stroll in groups around plazas.
What is the tourism like in Bolivia?
Bolivia is a country with great tourism potential, with many attractions, due to its diverse culture, geographic regions rich history and food. In particular, the salt flats at Uyuni are a major attraction.
Who is famous from Bolivia?
Famous people from Bolivia
- Evo Morales. Politician. …
- Marcelo Martins Moreno. Soccer. …
- Andrés de Santa Cruz. Politician. …
- Jaime Moreno. Soccer. …
- Cornelio Saavedra. Politician. …
- Verona Pooth. Presenter. …
- Marco Etcheverry. Soccer Midfielder. …
- Víctor Paz Estenssoro. Politician.